He is a Proven Leader:
- As a retired Army Colonel, he commanded large and complex units both in war and peace.
- He was elected to the General Assembly 14 years ago and has been a leader among conservatives in Richmond.
- Scott believes we need experienced leaders to restore America to the founding vision.
- Scott knows how to lead and he has been tested.
He is an Authentic Conservative:
- Every candidate will tell you that they are conservative. But is this based on a brochure, or results?
- Scott has results. He has an A+ from the NRA and top ratings from the Family Foundation, the American Conservative Union and the National Federation of Independent Businesses.
He has a proven Conservative Record:
- Scott’s authentic conservative record is backed up with measurable results.
- He was the visionary for the Performance Audit Bill. This legislation for which he fought to get passed for 8 years and was finally signed into law by Gov. Bob McDonnell resulted in finding $1.4 Billion sitting idle in the Department of Transportation. Audits in other agencies and department are still underway.
- Scott has consistently opposed higher taxes, insisted on open and limited government, advanced school choice, stood up for our Constitutional rights including human life, the Second Amendment, our right to hunt and fish, and done more to root out waste, fraud, and abuse in spending than just about anyone in the General Assembly.
- He repealed the useless liberal one-gun-a-month law that punishes law-abiding citizens.
- As a senior member of the House Appropriations Committee, he has been a voice for balanced budgets that are focused on the core responsibilities of government and accountability to the people for how their money is spent.
- He has advanced commonsense conservation policies as a key leader on the multi-state Chesapeake Bay Commission to restore the bay and its tributaries so that generations to come will have it for recreation, seafood abundance, and wildlife habitats.
- He is an avid supporter of the hunting and fishing community in Virginia and advocates for wise wildlife conservation policies.